We received new information from the Center for SafeSport regarding changes to Refresher training and SafeSport training. There will be a blackout period when training will not be available. NO COURSES will be available from Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 11:59pm Eastern time until Monday, November 6, 2017.
To facilitate this shortened interruption of service, please note the following:
- Even if users have an account on the existing system, they will need to create a NEW account when accessing the Center for SafeSport’s new platform.
- Anyone wishing to complete the existing course materials, including the refresher course, on the current USOC’s must do so by Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST.
- Those who haven’t completed open courses by this deadline, will lose their progress and will have to complete the new three-course SafeSport training, which will feature updated content.
NEW PLATFORM, NEW COURSES:
The new SafeSport LMS platform and three-course SafeSport training (which will be available at https://safesport.org) will launch Monday, November 6, 2017. Each of these three courses is approximately 30 minutes:
- Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education
- Reporting Child Sexual Abuse
- Emotional and Physical Misconduct
Following November 1, all relevant individuals who need to be SafeSport certified or are seeking recertification will need to complete the new full SafeSport training course, which will be available Monday, November 6, and will feature updated content. Upon completion of the online SafeSport training, individuals will be certified for two seasons.
A new SafeSport refresher course will be added to the platform in 2018. This will be an abbreviated version intended for individuals who have previously completed the three core SafeSport courses and need to recertify. Users completing the SafeSport refresher course will be certified for an additional two seasons.