The CEP program will begin this season with virtual clinics and presented through Zoom tele-conferences. While in-person clinics may be an option later this year, we cannot make those decisions today based on expected class size and limited venue options. More information will be offered later this summer.
Because our Coaching Section made updates to the virtual curriculum, we will be posting new clinic dates shortly.
- Clinics for CEP Levels 1-2-3-4 will begin in mid-June and will continue through early December
- Clinics in the Atlantic District will again be scheduled on Monday-Tuesday evenings, and Wednesday-Thursday evenings
- Times will be 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm for both nights and sessions will be similar to those in 2020
- Coaches from the Atlantic District are requested to register for CEP Clinics offered by the Atlantic District.
- Transfers from one clinic to another may not always be possible
- Each CEP level is valid for one season only.
- CEP Level 3 certification no longer offers a recertification
- CEP Level 4 certification is now a single clinic event
- CEP Level 4 and Level 5 will now carry an expiration date three years out
- Coaches are now required to complete continuing education
- Continuing Education
- Over the course of the three years, a coach must complete five  hours of continuing education
- Continuing education programs will include online training, specialty clinics and workshops [e.g. body contact and checking,] and full day high-performance oriented sessions
- Continuing education credit is only available for USA Hockey generated programs including the CEP Level 5.
- The Atlantic District Coach in Chief will design, plan and schedule in-person sessions, while the national office will prepare and post online content
- There are no waivers for continuing education and Temporary Certification requests are not available
Please contact Mike Lichtenberger directly if you have any questions or need more information. My number is 610.216.1442 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.